The Koerner Law Group, PLLC, serves as counsel to Drain Commissioners throughout the state of Michigan. President and owner, Mark Koerner, has been involved in various projects concerning establishment, construction and maintenance of both county and inter-county drains. Mark has also represented Drain Commissioners in various flooding litigation matters.
In addition, The Koerner Law Group represents counties regarding the establishment of lake levels and creation of lake level special assessment districts.
Mark Koerner has represented various townships and other municipalities concerning their day-to-day activities and has acted as defense counsel in litigation on behalf of townships and municipalities, including condemnation, inverse condemnation and various property owners’ disputes.
Please contact The Koerner Law Group for assistance with:
- Establishment, construction, operation or maintenance of a county drain or inter-county drain pursuant to the Drain Code of 1956;
- Easement Negotiation and/or Acquisition;
- Preparation and/or review of construction contracts;
- Lake Levels;
- Lake Level Special Assessment Districts;
- Lake Improvement Boards;
- Freedom of Information Act Requests;
- Open Meetings Act issues;
- Labor and Employment Law;
- Social Media Policies;
- Litigation Avoidance through best practices; and
- Litigation/Alternative Dispute Resolution.